Raw Food Recipe: Broccoli, Raisin and Nut Salad with Cashew Dressing
You don’t know what you’ve been missing until you’ve tasted food in its purest state. As I mentioned in my previous blog post, I’ve recently been introduced to the raw food trend in Austin. And I have to say, I love it. I don’t think I could ever be 100% raw, but I could definitely become a semi-raw foodist.
Tip: Depending on the consistency (draining off more or less liquid), this cashew condiment can be used as a dressing or as a spread (faux-cheese or veggie-pâté)!
- Cheese cloth
- Food processor
- 1 c. raw cashews (buy in bulk from Whole Foods or other health food store)
- 2 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 1/2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3/4 c. raisins
- 3/4 c. sunflower seeds
- Cashew dressing to taste
- Soak cashews in water overnight.
- Combine soaked cashews, water, garlic, lemon juice, EVOO, and a sprinkle of sea salt in food processor. Process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a cheese cloth and allow extra water to drain off.
- Store in a small dish in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Wash and chop broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Combine broccoli, raisins, sunflower seeds, and cashew dressing in a large bowl. Mix, chill, and serve!