Creamy, Lemony Linguini
Similar to my Zucchini Spaghetti recipe, this dish is light enough to be guilt-free, yet tasty enough to hit the spot!
- Light or fat-free CREAM CHEESE
- Lemon zest
- Garlic (optional)
- Parsley, chives or herb of choice (optional)
(I’m gonna let y’all decide on your own measurements. I usually just throw stuff in until it tastes right!)
- Cook the linguini until al dente in salted, boiling water (8-10 minutes).
- Drain the cooked pasta and reserve about 1 cup of the starchy pasta water.
- In a large pan, heat the oil and saute the garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pan, scoop in some cream cheese, lemon zest (not too much, 1 Tbs), and add some fresh herb. Mix well, add about half the reserved pasta water so everything comes together smoothly (you can always add a little more if needed–the pasta will really thicken up so you may need more later).